Friday, December 18, 2009

How Nerds Fight Hunger

We all know that world hunger is a problem. We all want to help fight it. But, we don't all do this. Why?



1) We're to lazy to leave our house.

2) We barely have money to spare.

3) We're not in any position to be able to help.



Well, my friends, times have changed. Thanks to a Nerdfighter, I've found http://www.freerice.com/.



Here's the deal: Freerice.com, sponsered by the UN, gives 10 grains of rice to a person in need every time you answer a trivia question. You can select Math, English, and a multitude of other subjects. It's free, legit, legal, and kind of fun! This is how nerds like you and I can fight hunger!



So, here's what I want you to do. Over the next few days, I want you to go to http://www.freerice.com/ and play the trivia game. Raise, in total, 1000 grains of rice (20 questions correct). Then, take a screenshot of your computer once you get 1000. Here's how.



1. Once you get 1000, press the Prnt Scrn (Print Screen) key on your keyboard, usually located next to Num Lock, Insert, Home, Page Up, and Page Down) and then open up Paint. Click on Paste.

2. Save the image.

3. Click on the text tool

4. Sign your name.

5. Save again.

6. Leave the image in the comments.



I'll post my contribution later, in the comments. In the meantime, fill a belly other than your family's this holiday season, and keep checking back for more Christmas goodness in the coming days.

Tomato

3 comments:

  1. Here's my link. http://yfrog.com/jcricep

    And another "Nerds Fight" link: goodsearch.com
    You pick a charity or school and then search the web like you would with Google. Every time you search, your charity gets about a penny. It also applies to a shopping search where selected retailers give up to 30% of the purchase to your charity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/Tomato_Suprise/rice.jpg

    My contribution.

    Tomato

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free Rice is a fun site, and quite creative, too. I actually managed to get the screen capture and all, but I don't have Paint. I saved the image in Word, but haven't the faintest how to get it to show up in the comments page. So, I guess you'll just have to take my word for it, Tomato. 1000 grains.
    Now, the more important question--what was your highest vocabulary level? :-)
    Mrs. N

    ReplyDelete

If you're having problems commenting, please e-mail me (silvertomatoproductions@gmail.com) with a description of your problem. I've contacted Blogger about the issue, and it should be resolved soon,

Sorry,
Tomato